Over the summer I needed an amplifier for my TV visualizer. I bought a kit for one online, but the site I bought it from had a minimum purchase price, so I decided to buy a led clock kit to go with it. Once I had the clock all soldered up, I couldn't find anything to put it in. Then I realized that I could use the same technique I used for my hollow book to cut slots in a book for the clock components.
It was a lot more work than the hollow book simply because so many more cuts had to be made, but it was essentially the same process. The only major difference was cutting the slot for the screen; that required some precise measurements and luck to get exactly right.